Over 122M Nigerians are still using 2G Network
2020 is only about one month away and it still surprising that 2G network still dominate the Nigerian telecom landscape. Like really?!
A recent statistics reveals that over 122.9 million Nigerian citizen’s still uses 2G network. Only about 67 out of the over 174 million active subscribers in Nigeria have moved to the 3G and 4G network platforms so far.
As at August 2019, 2G subscriptions stood 122.9 million, corresponding to 64.42 per cent of the country’s population. 3G subscription, accounts for 49.7 million, representing 26.03 per cent of the population while 4G accounts for a paltry 17.3 million subscriptions representing 9.07 per cent of the population.
Now, the question is, if about 64.42 of the Nigerian population are still on 2G networks, why are planning on adopting 5G network? Back in June, the Nigeria communication commission claims Nigeria is ready to test 5G network, but 2G is still dominating.
This can only mean that the larger population still using 2G networks (phones) may be fetching substantial revenue for telecom firm. That is but my thought and not to be taken seriously.
So, do you still own and use a 2G phone in 2019? How often do you use it?
- Redmi Note 7S Got Burnt – Xiaomi’s Response To Owner Is Hilarious
- 6 Exclusive Tecno HiOS 5.5 Features You Should Know
- Custom Recovey: Latest TWRP 3.3.1 For Infinix Hot 8 X650B
- Iconic Motorola Razr Phone Launches With Foldable Screen At $1,499
- Facebook Pay has been Launched – Here is everything You should Know