Have you been having difficulties with online payments? Is your bank ATM card being declined when you need to perform an international transaction for your shopping or ads campaign and don’t have any other payment options to use? Then you’ve landed on the right page. In this article, we’ll show you the best platform to get virtual dollar cards in Nigeria for online payments and we’ll also explain why you need one in the first place.
What is a virtual dollar card?
The virtual dollar card is just as its name sounds; it is a non-physical credit card developed to make online payments easier for individuals and businesses. These virtual cards are offered in dollar currency and fill in the gaps where local bank cards fail due to international restrictions.
Why do you need a Virtual Dollar Card?
Nowadays, whether you’re a blogger, freelancer, small business owner, or just someone who shops from online stores, creating a virtual dollar card will come in handy. It is useful where you have to pay for services like web hosting, flights and hotel bookings, Netflix, Disney+, Spotify, and other streaming services.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve seen many bloggers, freelancers, and small business owners complain that Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media and marketing platforms decline their bank ATM cards and cannot run sponsored ads. Due to credit card limitations, most of them find it difficult to pay for essential services that cost more than $100 to keep their online business running.
With virtual dollar cards, you can pay for any of these services and buy goods from international online stores easily.
So, if you need to make any payment and your bank ATM card is rejected, below are some of the best virtual dollar cards platform in Nigeria to get your payment done without limitations.
The Best Virtual Dollar Cards Platforms in Nigeria
Ranking from top to bottom, here is our list of the best platforms in Nigeria to get a virtual dollar card.
1. Barter by Flutterwave
Barter is undoubtedly one of the best cross-border payment platforms that offer virtual dollar card creation. Whether you’re an individual or a small business, barter help you to scale by reaching global customers and receiving payments without stress.
Aside from the virtual dollar car creation, you can use barter as a normal banking app to save, send and receive funds from barter users and other local banks. Barter gives you an account number upon creation for that and it also offers VTU services allowing you to buy airtime and data on the app.
How to Create Virtual Dollar Card On Barter
- Download Barter by Flutterwave from the Google Play Store or iOS store or visit their official website.
- Complete the KYC and identity verification process
- Fund your Barter account either through your debit card, or bank transfer
- Tap on ‘Create new card.’
- You can either create a Multi-functional card that can be used for all your online purchases/payments or create a custom card for specific purposes (e.g., Netflix card, Facebook card, Amazon card, and more)
- Enter the amount you’d like to fund your dollar card and tap continue.
You can top up your card anytime if you used up your funds, saving you the stress of creating a new one.
Barter Dollar Virtual Card Monthly Spending Limit
Barter Dollar rate
Note: The first virtual dollar card you create on barter is free, however, subsequent creation will attract a $2 fee.
FXKudi is another great borderless transfer app that allows users to create virtual dollar cards for online payments. It is a Ghanian-based Fintech startup that is quite similar to Barter; users can send and receive money from anywhere in the world with zero charges.
One of the best features of the app is the multicurrency wallet that lets you own a personalized bank account in over 20 countries across the globe. This makes sending and receiving payment effortless and what’s more, all this can be done with zero chargers.
How to Get a Virtual Dollar Card on FXKudi
- Visit FXKudi official site or download their app from the Google Play Store or iOS App Store.
- Verify your account via email.
- Update your account with your information.
- Complete the KYC verification.
- Fund your account.
- Create card.
You can now use your card for Facebook ads, Spotify, etc.
FXKudi Dollar Virtual Card Monthly Spending Limit
FXKudi Dollar rate
3. Vella Finance
Vella finance is another reliable platform trying to solve cross-border payment challenges. Unlike other platforms, we have listed so far, Vella comes with a crypto wallet that lets users receive cryptocurrency and swap it to cash without a hassle.
Vella finance has other features like VTU, which allows you to buy airtime and data, merchant payments, and savings that give you up to 10% interest per annum. Vella also offers virtual dollar card creation to make your online payments easier and faster.
How to Create Virtual Card On Vella finance
- Download the Vella finance app from the Google Play Store or iOS App Store or visit their official website to signup.
- Once the app is installed, register and complete KYC
- Once you complete KYC, you’ll be able to create a free virtual card.
- To create a virtual card, click the “create a virtual card card” option on the homepage or select the card option from the left panel.
- Enter the name of your virtual card, set the card validity period, and click continue.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete your card request.
- Your dollar card will be created and ready to use in no time.
The card details include card name, card number, expiry date, and the three-digit CVV code) saved on your app.
Vella Dollar Virtual Card Monthly Spending Limit
Vella finance Dollar Rate
4. Wallets Africa
Wallets Africa is one of the best online digital financial platforms for individuals and businesses. You can easily create virtual Naria and dollar cards on the platform. Wallet Africa also offers physical cards that can be used on ATMs, POS and as well as online purchases. However, unlike their virtual cards, they charged NGN 1,500 when you request a physical card.
With Wallet Africa, you can transfer money within Nigeria, Ghana, and Kenya, buy airtime and data, and pay bills.
How to Create Wallets Africa Virtual Cards
- Download the Wallet Mobile App and open an account or visit their website here
- Log into your Wallet app after completing the registration
- Add money to your Wallet using your bank ATM card, bank account, or bank transfer.
- On your dashboard, click on Cards and select create a virtual dollar card
- The minimum you can add to your card is $10
You can now use your card to shop online or pay for services.
Wallets Africa Dollar Virtual Card Monthly Spending Limit
Wallet Africa Dolla rate
5. Chipper Cash
Chipper Cash is a digital wallet and one of the best cross-border payment platforms. Unlike other payment solutions, Chipper cash gives you two virtual cards for free. Chipper cash works well for international payments including running ads on Facebook and Instagram.
How to Create Virtual Dollar Card On Chipper Cash
- Download the Chipper Cash app from here
- After installation, open the app and register
- Once you complete registration, tap on the card option and you’ll be required to verify your identity to complete KYC
- When you’re done with the KYC, you’ll be giving two virtual cards (one in Naira and the other in Dollars) for free
- Now, fund your Chipper cash wallet and add funds to the card for your online transaction.
Chipper cash virtual dollar card is one of the best at the moment to settle your online payments. Both the Naira and Dollar virtual card works well for online payment, especially for Facebook and Instagram ads.
Chipper Cash Virtual Card Monthly Spending Limit
Chipper Cash Dollar Rate
Gomomey is one of the best digital banks in Nigeria that also offer virtual card creation. The platform is popular for its simplicity and low transaction fees. Gomoney offers all the features you’d expect from a banking app and although it doesn’t offer virtual dollar cards, its Naira virtual cards are one of the best for online transactions.
How To Create A Virtual Dollar Card on Gomoney
- Download the Gomoney app from the Google Play Stor or iOS app store.
- Register an account and complete KYC.
- On your dashboard, tap on cards.
- In the card section, you will be able to create your first card for free.
- Enter the name you want to display on the card.
- Click the create card button.
That’s it, you can now start using your Gomoney virtual dollar card to make payments online.
Note: Gomoney currently does not offer card funding at the moment, all your card spending will be deducted from your main balance.
Gomoney Monthly Spending Limit
Gomoney Dollar Rate
7. Obiex Finance
Obiex is one of the fast-growing crypto exchange platforms in Nigeria. You can swap, buy and sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency assets on the platform. Although Obiex is still new and has fewer features, you can easily create a virtual dollar card on Obiex finance using crypto or fiat.
How To Create A Virtual Dollar Card On Obiex Finance
- Visit Obiex official website or download and install their app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Register an account and verify your information.
- Once you’re on the app, you’ll get a notification to complete KYC, do that.
- After completing KYC, fund your account.
- Now, on your dashboard, tap on cards.
- Tap on create virtual cards and fill in the necessary information.
- Your new virtual card will be created and ready for use.
Obiex Finance Monthly Spending Limit
Obiex Finance Dollar Rate
How To Get Virtual Dollar Card in Nigeria FAQs
Can I link any of the above virtual cards to PayPal?
Yes, you can link any virtual dollar cards mentioned in this post to your PayPal account. However, you can not withdraw your Paypal funds with these cards.
Does the monthly international spend limit apply to these virtual cards?
No, the international card spending limit does not apply to any of the listed platforms.
Can I run Facebook ads with virtual dollar cards?
Yes, you can run Facebook ads with any of the virtual dollar cards. You can use them on other platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Quora, and other social media or networking platforms.
There are several other platforms that you can use to create a virtual dollar card for your online payment; however, we have listed the top 6 virtual dollar card platforms you can use if you’re a Nigerian (An African).
If you find our list of best virtual dollar cards in Nigeria helpful, kindly use any of the share buttons below. Also, if you are already using any of the above, share your experience with us in the comments.